First of all, I want to say thanks to Ben for his relentless support helping other users with their issues and constantly providing updates to the memCron code base due to some of the recent DreamHost PS changes. After spending the weekend polishing up the improvements contributed by Ben and Bret, memCron 0.6 is finally here.
Here’s a list of notable changes:
- Removed dependency on modules with built-ins and system utilities, including SendMail, LWP etc.
- Get memory info from /proc/meminfo
- Get current memory size from API rather than OS
- New option to disable updates
- New options to send out notification when changing memory setting or getting API errors
- New chart formatting options: target memory, cached memory
- Now display http server name instead of actual PS name on the graph page for extra security
Download: memCron 0.6 (34.12 KB)
Please give this new version a try if you’re having issues with the older versions.
To upgrade, follow step 1-3 listed here. FYI, the old “zscore.pl” is no longer used and can be safely removed.